The Washington State Energy Code Requirements now require blower door testing for air leakage on new construction and many types of remodeling projects. We have years of experience as BPI (building performance institute) Building Analysts and can perform the testing that you need to meet code and inspection requirements.
What does Blower Door Air Leakage Cost?
We understand that building or remodeling a home is a costly endeavor, and have made our pricing as competitive as possible.
- Single-family home or single unit in the greater Seattle area: $300
- Contractor pricing for 2 to 5 homes/units in the greater Seattle area: $250
- Contractor pricing for 5+ homes: Please Contact Hawk Environmental
- Additional travel fees outside of 30 minutes driving distance from Seattle: $70 per hour
What is included in Air Leakage Testing:
- Review plans to calculate square footage and/or building volume
- Set-up blower door and measure air leakage
- Calculate ACH50 (air changes per hour at 50 pascals)
- Record results and leave form on-site
- Provide written documentation of testing for project manager
What do you need to prepare for Blower Door Test:
To get started, we will need the following information:
- Address (cross street if GPS cannot find the address)
- Superintendent contact
- Lock box code
- Total square footage
- Building Volume
Building Readiness Checklist
- Plans on site?
- All windows installed?
- All exterior doors and door hardware installed?
- All crawlspace and attic hatches finished with appropriate hardware?
- All combustion equipment installed with complete venting?
- All exhaust fans installed with complete venting?